COACH HIRE – CONDITIONS OF HIRE
1. The booking is deemed to have been made when we send you our confirmation. Any alterations or changes must be notified to us in good time.
2. Unless agreed with us beforehand, full payment for the hire must be received by us before the date of the journey.
3. The hire charge is based on your requirements as shown on the confirmation. Should you request any alterations which would increase this charge, a new quotation may be given or a supplementary charge made.
4. A £100.00 security deposit is payable on all bookings departing after midnight, which is payable upon booking. This will be returned after the booking unless extra charges are incurred. (See condition 11)
5. Apart from the above, any price quoted is definite except in the case of an increase in the rate of VAT or other government imposed tax.
6. If you have to cancel the booking, our charges are as follows:
7 to 2 days notice – 25% of hire charge
Less than 2 days notice – 50% of hire charge
Less than 24 hours notice – 100% of hire charge
7. We shall not be held liable for any damage to or loss of passengers’ property.
8. Your hire is subject to strict regulations on the hours a driver may drive or continue to be on duty. Other laws also apply, including a ban on smoking and the drinking of alcohol on coaches.
9. Every effort will be made to fulfil the hire as requested, but we cannot be held responsible for any delays due to factors beyond our control. The driver is responsible for determining the route, based on his knowledge and experience. We suggest that hirers should allow plenty of time to reach their destination, and we shall be happy to advise you if required.
10. The driver is fully responsible for the safety of the vehicle and its passengers, and may refuse to carry any passengers who breach safety regulations or cause danger to themselves or other passengers. We shall not accept any responsibility for returning such passengers home. We reserve the right to cancel the booking at our discretion, without accepting further liability.
11. The hirer may be charged for any damage caused to the vehicle, or extra cleaning required, due to the conduct of the passengers. Where a security deposit has been paid the refund may be withheld (either in part or fully), to cover these charges. It may also be withheld if the behaviour of the passengers is considered anti-social or unacceptable, or risks bringing the operator into disrepute.
12. It is not possible to carry additional passengers beyond the capacity of the vehicle as stated on the confirmation. (Special arrangements may be made for children under 12 on request).
13. The operator reserves the right to use alternative vehicles, providing they are of a similar standard, and have at least the required seating capacity.