New hourly rate – paid through on all duties PLUS bonus…
Customer satisfaction is important to us and we aim to recruit well-presented and reliable drivers with a professional attitude.
You must enjoy dealing with the public and present a courteous and helpful attitude to our passengers.
We have current vacancies for PSV license holders at Lewes, Worthing and Dunsfold depots.
Be part of a company where:
- Everyone is valued as an individual (not just a number)
- Praise and appreciation are part of our daily ethos
- There is a genuine open door policy
- The working environment is one of respect and consideration where everyone aims to go the extra mile to be positive, caring, friendly and helpful
The role and expectations:
- You are reliable, helpful, friendly and safety-focused in order to provide our valued customers with the best possible service
- You hold a current and valid PCV license
- You hold a current and valid driver CPC qualification card
In return we offer:
- Competitive rates of pay – all driving duties paid right through, including breaks
- Worthing Depot: £13.00 per hour
- Lewes Depot: £13.00 per hour, £16.00 per hour Sunday/Bank Holidays (Brighton 37/37B evenings: £14.00 per hour)
- Dunsfold Depot: £14.00 per hour
- PLUS up to £50 per month safe driving bonus
- PLUS family passes enabling free bus travel for you, your live-in partner and up to 5 dependents on bus services operated by Compass Travel, Brighton & Hove, Metrobus, Stagecoach (South), The Big Lemon, Seaford and District, Safeguard Coaches, Eastbourne Sightseeing and Reading buses stretching from Portsmouth to Eastbourne up to the Greater London border. (Some restrictions apply).
- A balance between job security and flexible working – most rotas are family-friendly, meaning no very early or late night duties and currently no Sunday or Bank Holiday working at Worthing or Dunsfold depots
- A variety of work to suit you (4-day working week or if you prefer, we also offer part-time/casual contracts)
- Regular opportunities for overtime and holiday cover
- Free uniform
- Pension Scheme auto-enrolment
A range of employee benefits are currently being reviewed.
At Compass Travel our aim is to always provide an efficient, reliable and friendly service to our passengers. Our reputation is based on the rapport we build with them, and this is something we strive to maintain, with our driving team playing a key part in this. The company has a strong staff team and management structure with a particular emphasis on building team spirit. We are generally considered more “informal” than some larger bus companies and we like to think that our staff feel part of a large “family” within a friendly company atmosphere.
Come and join Compass Travel where the company culture is:
- Engaging – with teams working well together cross-functionally
- Motivating – no day is the same, every day is an opportunity to add value
- Supportive and nurturing – we want you to do well, succeed and develop your career
Opportunities are also available on a part-time/casual basis at all depots.
If you are interested in applying for a driving vacancy, please CLICK HERE for our application form and send in to the HR Manager, Compass Travel, Pilgrim House, St Dunstan’s Road, Worthing BN13 1AA, or email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please do give us a call on 01903 690025 for a chat and further information if needed.